PHOENIX — Peter Piper Pizza is getting ready to be auctioned.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Sponsor Acon Investments is putting the Phoenix-based pizza chain up for sale.
The firm hired to run the process is North Point Advisors, an investment bank that specializes in restaurant mergers and acquisitions. The offer has already attracted both financial firms and strategic buyers.
Currently, Peter Piper Inc. has $15 million in year-to-date earnings before interest and taxes.
The chain was founded in 1973 and its flagship restaurant is located in Glendale, Ariz.
Peter Piper Pizza currently has 32 company-owned locations and 113 franchises, including two that opened in June in the southwestern U.S. and Mexico.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain