PHOENIX — The campus police officer who allegedly used excessive force on an ASU professor has been put on paid administrative leave.
The Arizona State University Police Department placed Officer Stewart Ferrin on paid leave, as the investigation regarding his conduct continues.
A preliminary review, however, found that Ferrin neither racially profiled English professor Ersula Ore nor used excessive force.
ASU “has asked the FBI to determine if there were any civil rights violations,” according to a press release.
ASU police say Ore was stopped for walking in the middle of a street near
campus and refused to show officers any identification.
They say Ore resisted arrest and kicked an officer in the shin after being
Ore says she was walking in the street because construction work obstructed the
ASU police say the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office will review the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development