PHOENIX — Are they watching us? A new report reveals that Arizona may just be rife with UFO activity.
Wednesday is World UFO Day, and according to The National UFO Reporting Center, the public has reported over 2,980 UFO sightings in the state of Arizona alone from 1994 to 2014.
USA Today reported that Arizona ranks sixth out of 10 on the states with the most reported UFO sightings. California easily nabs the top spot, with over 10,600 reported sightings in the last 20 years.
While New Mexico — home to the alleged 1947 crash in Roswell — did not make the list, Texas, Florida, New York and even Michigan did.
A recent National Geographic survey said 36 percent of Americans not only believe that UFOs exist but also that some have even landed on Earth, while 11 percent believe they’ve spotted one.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon