A Fourth of July raffle with big prizes will be held in Mesa Friday, and proceeds will go to improve a baseball field soon to be named for fallen Mesa Police Sgt. Brandon Mendoza.
“Brandon was an amazing individual who did just incredible things in that community and so we are doing the best we can to raise money to make improvements at that park in his honor,” said Steve Wright with the City of Mesa.
The raffle happens at the Arizona Celebration of Freedom, the East Valley’s premiere Fourth of July party, Wright said. The improvements will go to support upgrades at the baseball field at Guerrero Rotary Park in Mesa.
Raffle prizes include a $1,000 car stereo from Audio Express, a 50-inch flat-screen TV, a Fender Guitar and more.
Raffle tickets are $5. The Arizona Celebration of Freedom takes place Friday at the Mesa Amphitheater and Convention Center from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them