A Fourth of July raffle with big prizes will be held in Mesa Friday, and proceeds will go to improve a baseball field soon to be named for fallen Mesa Police Sgt. Brandon Mendoza.
“Brandon was an amazing individual who did just incredible things in that community and so we are doing the best we can to raise money to make improvements at that park in his honor,” said Steve Wright with the City of Mesa.
The raffle happens at the Arizona Celebration of Freedom, the East Valley’s premiere Fourth of July party, Wright said. The improvements will go to support upgrades at the baseball field at Guerrero Rotary Park in Mesa.
Raffle prizes include a $1,000 car stereo from Audio Express, a 50-inch flat-screen TV, a Fender Guitar and more.
Raffle tickets are $5. The Arizona Celebration of Freedom takes place Friday at the Mesa Amphitheater and Convention Center from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains