The Small Business Friendliness Survey recently gave Arizona’s capital city a B for its support of small business.
The effort, which was dually completed between the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and Thumbtack.com, graded Phoenix with a B, B+ or B- in 10 of the 11 categories used to determine the rankings.
From overall friendliness to businesses, to ease of startup, ease of hiring, regulations, tax code, regulations, networking programs and more, the city scored well across the board, according to Phoenix Business Journal.
Phoenix, meanwhile, scored an A- in the zoning category of the survey, which was in the top 15 of the 82 cities measured.
The top-rated cities in the survey were Austin, Tex.; Boise, ID; Colorado Springs, Colo.; Houston, Tex. and Louisville, Ky.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon