The Small Business Friendliness Survey recently gave Arizona’s capital city a B for its support of small business.
The effort, which was dually completed between the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and Thumbtack.com, graded Phoenix with a B, B+ or B- in 10 of the 11 categories used to determine the rankings.
From overall friendliness to businesses, to ease of startup, ease of hiring, regulations, tax code, regulations, networking programs and more, the city scored well across the board, according to Phoenix Business Journal.
Phoenix, meanwhile, scored an A- in the zoning category of the survey, which was in the top 15 of the 82 cities measured.
The top-rated cities in the survey were Austin, Tex.; Boise, ID; Colorado Springs, Colo.; Houston, Tex. and Louisville, Ky.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments