False reporting incidents have cost two separate Chandler, Ariz. businesses since Monday night.
Late Monday, a caller to the Hampton Inn at 1231 S. Spectrum Blvd. in Chandler suggested to a hotel employee that fire sprinklers were needed. After activating them, an undisclosed amount of damage was caused to three floors of the hotel.
Then, early Tuesday, another unidentified caller convinced an employee of the McDonald’s fast food restaurant to activate the fire suppression equipment above the fryers. After that persuasion, the caller prompted the employee to attempt to break glass pane doors to relieve the restaurant air of alleged toxicity, caused by the fire suppression unit.
The suspect in both cases ended the calls by announcing to the recipients that they had been pranked.
In a press release, the Chandler Police Department sought to remind the public that, before performing an outlandish act from a stranger, first verify that the action will not result in harm to any individuals, or destruction to property.
For more information, please contact Sergeant Joe Favazzo at (480) 782-4108.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck