False reporting incidents have cost two separate Chandler, Ariz. businesses since Monday night.
Late Monday, a caller to the Hampton Inn at 1231 S. Spectrum Blvd. in Chandler suggested to a hotel employee that fire sprinklers were needed. After activating them, an undisclosed amount of damage was caused to three floors of the hotel.
Then, early Tuesday, another unidentified caller convinced an employee of the McDonald’s fast food restaurant to activate the fire suppression equipment above the fryers. After that persuasion, the caller prompted the employee to attempt to break glass pane doors to relieve the restaurant air of alleged toxicity, caused by the fire suppression unit.
The suspect in both cases ended the calls by announcing to the recipients that they had been pranked.
In a press release, the Chandler Police Department sought to remind the public that, before performing an outlandish act from a stranger, first verify that the action will not result in harm to any individuals, or destruction to property.
For more information, please contact Sergeant Joe Favazzo at (480) 782-4108.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development