False reporting incidents have cost two separate Chandler, Ariz. businesses since Monday night.
Late Monday, a caller to the Hampton Inn at 1231 S. Spectrum Blvd. in Chandler suggested to a hotel employee that fire sprinklers were needed. After activating them, an undisclosed amount of damage was caused to three floors of the hotel.
Then, early Tuesday, another unidentified caller convinced an employee of the McDonald’s fast food restaurant to activate the fire suppression equipment above the fryers. After that persuasion, the caller prompted the employee to attempt to break glass pane doors to relieve the restaurant air of alleged toxicity, caused by the fire suppression unit.
The suspect in both cases ended the calls by announcing to the recipients that they had been pranked.
In a press release, the Chandler Police Department sought to remind the public that, before performing an outlandish act from a stranger, first verify that the action will not result in harm to any individuals, or destruction to property.
For more information, please contact Sergeant Joe Favazzo at (480) 782-4108.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets