CINCINNATI (AP) — A Paralympic track athlete from the Phoenix area who races in a $5,000 wheelchair says someone stole the custom-built ride while he was visiting relatives near Cincinnati.
WLWT-TV reports Erik Hightower’s racing chair disappeared from a truck that was parked outside a hospital east of downtown Cincinnati. He was visiting family in Bethel after racing in Indianapolis over the weekend.
He says he’s praying the wheelchair will be returned but isn’t interested in pressing charges.
Hightower compares the wheelchair to a high-end bicycle and says it was specially designed for him. He says it would only have value to someone else if they sold it as scrap.
Information from: WLWT-TV, http://www.wlwt.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development