PHOENIX – Veterans in the Phoenix area are being offered free health care Tuesday.
Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema is teaming up with Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, the VA, TriWest, MIHS and many other organizations that offer services to veterans at a free event called Veterans First: Health Care, Benefits and Resource Clinic.
Sinema said she decided to host the clinic because she believes Veterans shouldn’t have to wait any longer for care as the investigation into the VA healthcare system continues.
“Vets who’ve been waiting for a long time for services can walk in the door without an appointment and immediately get some help,” Sinema said.
The congresswoman said she hopes the care being offered saves lives.
“We’ll be helping check eligibility for benefits. We’ll be making sure that people are getting there appointments as fast as they need them and we’ll be making sure folks are getting advising,” she said.
All vets are invited to the event. It will be held July 1 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Montecito Community School just north of the Phoenix VA.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets