PHOENIX — Egos, rivalries and beautiful motorcycles. The History Channel’s new show “Biker Battleground Phoenix” takes a look inside the custom bike-building capital of the world — Phoenix.
“The top builders have migrated here because you can ride 12 months out of the year,” said Len Edmondson, one of the show’s stars. “So if you’re going to be in this industry you got to be here.”
“Biker Battleground Phoenix” profiles five Valley custom motorcycle builders and their shops.
“You’re going to see the industry in general; you’re going to see the lifestyles in general; how their shops operate,” Edmondson said, “what it takes to compete and what it takes to survive.”
Edmondson is one of nation’s top bike builders, and he said the show takes an in-depth look at how difficult it is to build custom motorcycles.
“Custom is a performance enhancement. You can’t take a domestic product and change it into something exotic … and not add the exotic factor in both the aesthetics and the performance,” he said.
“Biker Battleground Phoenix” airs July 1, at 7 p.m. Arizona time.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths