PHOENIX — Egos, rivalries and beautiful motorcycles. The History Channel’s new show “Biker Battleground Phoenix” takes a look inside the custom bike-building capital of the world — Phoenix.
“The top builders have migrated here because you can ride 12 months out of the year,” said Len Edmondson, one of the show’s stars. “So if you’re going to be in this industry you got to be here.”
“Biker Battleground Phoenix” profiles five Valley custom motorcycle builders and their shops.
“You’re going to see the industry in general; you’re going to see the lifestyles in general; how their shops operate,” Edmondson said, “what it takes to compete and what it takes to survive.”
Edmondson is one of nation’s top bike builders, and he said the show takes an in-depth look at how difficult it is to build custom motorcycles.
“Custom is a performance enhancement. You can’t take a domestic product and change it into something exotic … and not add the exotic factor in both the aesthetics and the performance,” he said.
“Biker Battleground Phoenix” airs July 1, at 7 p.m. Arizona time.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon