PHOENIX — Valley resident Sandra Catalan has been a part of the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center (SARRC) for the past seven years. She’s volunteered at KTAR’s annual Action for Autism Radiothon and even has a son with autism.
And now she needs your help.
While the cause is currently unknown, a fire flared up in Catalan’s garage last week — and burned the house completely to the ground.
“I don’t have any shoes, I don’t have clothes; everything was gone,” she told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Tuesday.
Catalan is a single mother of five — ages 7 to 20 — and she and her family are currently staying with her pastors, as she seeks help for the next step in rebuilding. Friends have also donated clothes, money and food.
Her 20-year-old son was responsible for getting the younger children out of the house, but 12-year-old Leo may be suffering the most.
Leo has low-functioning autism, meaning he needs routine and familiar surroundings. He continues to ask Catalan when they can go home and where all of his stuff is.
An account has been set up at Wells Fargo where monetary donations can be made. The account number is 6945058292 under the name Sandra Catalan.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident