PHOENIX — The Yarnell Hill Tragedy left the whole state in mourning, but it also left a wake of inspiration in the aftermath.
Cave Creek, Ariz., resident Madison Nightingale was only 12 when she learned about the fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots, but that didn’t stop her from trying to help.
As a passionate music student got out her guitar and decided to write a song called “19 Heroes.”
“I think it was important (to write the song) because it (the event) kind of touched my heart in a way that I thought I should show that I care about it and that people do care,” she explained.
She said her favorite part of the song is when she sings the verse about the families and the future families of the fallen men.
Nightingale, now 13, has filmed a music video, recorded in Hollywood and sang the song at her music school in Scottsdale.
But her dedication to helping the city of Prescott has not wavered. “19 Heroes” will soon be available on iTunes and all proceeds will go to the families of the fallen firefighters.
Nightingale will perform three songs, including “19 Heroes,” Monday afternoon at the Prescott Courthouse Square during the memorial services in Prescott, Ariz.
Click the link above to hear the song.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl