PHOENIX — The Yarnell Hill Tragedy left the whole state in mourning, but it also left a wake of inspiration in the aftermath.
Cave Creek, Ariz., resident Madison Nightingale was only 12 when she learned about the fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots, but that didn’t stop her from trying to help.
As a passionate music student got out her guitar and decided to write a song called “19 Heroes.”
“I think it was important (to write the song) because it (the event) kind of touched my heart in a way that I thought I should show that I care about it and that people do care,” she explained.
She said her favorite part of the song is when she sings the verse about the families and the future families of the fallen men.
Nightingale, now 13, has filmed a music video, recorded in Hollywood and sang the song at her music school in Scottsdale.
But her dedication to helping the city of Prescott has not wavered. “19 Heroes” will soon be available on iTunes and all proceeds will go to the families of the fallen firefighters.
Nightingale will perform three songs, including “19 Heroes,” Monday afternoon at the Prescott Courthouse Square during the memorial services in Prescott, Ariz.
Click the link above to hear the song.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development