PHOENIX — The Yarnell Hill Tragedy left the whole state in mourning, but it also left a wake of inspiration in the aftermath.
Cave Creek, Ariz., resident Madison Nightingale was only 12 when she learned about the fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots, but that didn’t stop her from trying to help.
As a passionate music student got out her guitar and decided to write a song called “19 Heroes.”
“I think it was important (to write the song) because it (the event) kind of touched my heart in a way that I thought I should show that I care about it and that people do care,” she explained.
She said her favorite part of the song is when she sings the verse about the families and the future families of the fallen men.
Nightingale, now 13, has filmed a music video, recorded in Hollywood and sang the song at her music school in Scottsdale.
But her dedication to helping the city of Prescott has not wavered. “19 Heroes” will soon be available on iTunes and all proceeds will go to the families of the fallen firefighters.
Nightingale will perform three songs, including “19 Heroes,” Monday afternoon at the Prescott Courthouse Square during the memorial services in Prescott, Ariz.
Click the link above to hear the song.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food