PHOENIX — What began as a walk home from classes ended with a violent arrest for one Arizona State University professor.
Ersula Ore teaches English at ASU. On May 20, she crossed the street where there was not a crosswalk, claiming there was nearby street construction, CNN reported.
Campus police officer Stewart Ferrin spotted her and began asking questions. The questions escalated to him threatening to arrest her if she did not produce her ID.
Ore asked him questions in return, including why he was not treating her with the respect she deserved. Ferrin then pushed her against the his vehicle and then threw her on the ground, causing her skirt to rise above her hips, exposing parts of her body to onlookers. Another officer also appeared on the scene.
When she was finally lifted from the street, she kicked Ferrin in the shin.
ASU issued a statement saying:
“ASU authorities have reviewed the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the arrest of Assistant Professor Ersula Ore and have found that the officer involved did not violate protocol and no evidence was found of racial motivation by the ASU Police Department officers involved.”
The dash cam video of the incident is below, starting at 2:15.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them