PHOENIX — What began as a walk home from classes ended with a violent arrest for one Arizona State University professor.
Ersula Ore teaches English at ASU. On May 20, she crossed the street where there was not a crosswalk, claiming there was nearby street construction, CNN reported.
Campus police officer Stewart Ferrin spotted her and began asking questions. The questions escalated to him threatening to arrest her if she did not produce her ID.
Ore asked him questions in return, including why he was not treating her with the respect she deserved. Ferrin then pushed her against the his vehicle and then threw her on the ground, causing her skirt to rise above her hips, exposing parts of her body to onlookers. Another officer also appeared on the scene.
When she was finally lifted from the street, she kicked Ferrin in the shin.
ASU issued a statement saying:
“ASU authorities have reviewed the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the arrest of Assistant Professor Ersula Ore and have found that the officer involved did not violate protocol and no evidence was found of racial motivation by the ASU Police Department officers involved.”
The dash cam video of the incident is below, starting at 2:15.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.