PHOENIX — It’ll no doubt be a busy day around the city of Prescott as it mourns the loss of the 19 fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots Monday.
Deputy City Manager Alison Zelms said it’s making special arrangements for its workers as a result.
“The city will be closing our service from 3 (p.m.) to 5 (p.m.) on Monday the 30th to allow our employees to attend the memorial service at Courthouse Square,” Zelms said.
The ceremony, which begins at 4 p.m., will have music and several tributes to the fallen firefighters.
“We do have a joint police and fire honor guard,” Zelms said. “We also have a bagpipe band that’s going to be there (and) there will be ringing of bells at 4:42 p.m., which was the essential time of passing of the 19 hotshots.”
The city has also passed an anniversary proclamation that includes a change to the uniforms of city firefighters, Zelms said.
“The official uniform of the Prescott Fire Department will now forever hold an orange ‘19′ logo in honor of their memory,” she said.
To see more about Prescott’s anniversary memorials and events, visit CityofPrescott.net.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development