PHOENIX — It’ll no doubt be a busy day around the city of Prescott as it mourns the loss of the 19 fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots Monday.
Deputy City Manager Alison Zelms said it’s making special arrangements for its workers as a result.
“The city will be closing our service from 3 (p.m.) to 5 (p.m.) on Monday the 30th to allow our employees to attend the memorial service at Courthouse Square,” Zelms said.
The ceremony, which begins at 4 p.m., will have music and several tributes to the fallen firefighters.
“We do have a joint police and fire honor guard,” Zelms said. “We also have a bagpipe band that’s going to be there (and) there will be ringing of bells at 4:42 p.m., which was the essential time of passing of the 19 hotshots.”
The city has also passed an anniversary proclamation that includes a change to the uniforms of city firefighters, Zelms said.
“The official uniform of the Prescott Fire Department will now forever hold an orange ‘19′ logo in honor of their memory,” she said.
To see more about Prescott’s anniversary memorials and events, visit CityofPrescott.net.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck