PHOENIX — It’ll no doubt be a busy day around the city of Prescott as it mourns the loss of the 19 fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots Monday.
Deputy City Manager Alison Zelms said it’s making special arrangements for its workers as a result.
“The city will be closing our service from 3 (p.m.) to 5 (p.m.) on Monday the 30th to allow our employees to attend the memorial service at Courthouse Square,” Zelms said.
The ceremony, which begins at 4 p.m., will have music and several tributes to the fallen firefighters.
“We do have a joint police and fire honor guard,” Zelms said. “We also have a bagpipe band that’s going to be there (and) there will be ringing of bells at 4:42 p.m., which was the essential time of passing of the 19 hotshots.”
The city has also passed an anniversary proclamation that includes a change to the uniforms of city firefighters, Zelms said.
“The official uniform of the Prescott Fire Department will now forever hold an orange ‘19′ logo in honor of their memory,” she said.
To see more about Prescott’s anniversary memorials and events, visit CityofPrescott.net.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets