PHOENIX — International travelers coming through Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport will experience some changes when it comes to getting through Customs and Border Protection.
“It’s a Vancouver (Canada) system. It’s already being used there and it’s been very successful, so we are really excited about having it here,” said airport spokeswoman Deborah Weissman Ostreicher.
Border Xpress touchscreen kiosks will allow travelers to scan their passport to answer typical Customs questions. Then they are allowed to proceed to the CBP desk to finalize the process with an agent.
“This can reduce wait time by at least 30 percent,” said Ostreicher.
The kiosks, which are being used at more than a dozen airports across the nation, will be up and running in approximately 30 days, she said.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever