PHOENIX — International travelers coming through Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport will experience some changes when it comes to getting through Customs and Border Protection.
“It’s a Vancouver (Canada) system. It’s already being used there and it’s been very successful, so we are really excited about having it here,” said airport spokeswoman Deborah Weissman Ostreicher.
Border Xpress touchscreen kiosks will allow travelers to scan their passport to answer typical Customs questions. Then they are allowed to proceed to the CBP desk to finalize the process with an agent.
“This can reduce wait time by at least 30 percent,” said Ostreicher.
The kiosks, which are being used at more than a dozen airports across the nation, will be up and running in approximately 30 days, she said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon