PHOENIX — Business owners in Mesa will have a chance to speak their minds with city leaders.
The city of Mesa is rolling out a new program to become more business friendly. City leaders will meet with Presidents and CEOs from around town to find out how they can be more accommodating.
“Each of these industry segments need to have outreach available to them so they can understand there is someone they can reach to if they have any kind of questions,” City of Mesa Economic Development Director Bill Jabjiniak said.
Jabjiniak said large and small businesses are vital to Mesa’s community.
“Eighty percent of your growth in a community will come from your existing businesses and I think that’s an important statistic that we need to do more with,” Jabjiniak said.
The city’s new Business Retention and Expansion Program has three specific goals, according to Jabjiniak.
“Building relationships, understanding the needs of the business community, and being proactive on things in the future,” he said.
City leaders have asked both large and small businesses to get involved with program. It kicks off July 1.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths