PHOENIX — Even with gas prices rising, AAA Arizona expects the number of travelers during the Fourth of July holiday to climb as well.
Spokeswoman Michelle Donati said Independence Day travel will be up nearly 2 percent nationally compared to last year, and Arizona is echoing that trend.
“We are expecting to see almost 800,000 Arizonans take to the roads and skies,” she said.
That would be a 0.8 percent increase over last year.
Even with Arizona’s average gas prices up 6 cents to $3.53 a gallon in the first half of June, Donati said it appears the inflation is not enough for people to cancel their holiday plans.
“Gas prices really haven’t changed all that much,” she said. “Even with a slight increase over last year, if a traveler does have to factor gas prices to their budget, they’ll look to save in another area.”
Donati said airline travel is also expected to be up 0.8 percent as nearly 84,000 Arizonans are projected to head to airports this Independence Day.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them