PHOENIX — Even with gas prices rising, AAA Arizona expects the number of travelers during the Fourth of July holiday to climb as well.
Spokeswoman Michelle Donati said Independence Day travel will be up nearly 2 percent nationally compared to last year, and Arizona is echoing that trend.
“We are expecting to see almost 800,000 Arizonans take to the roads and skies,” she said.
That would be a 0.8 percent increase over last year.
Even with Arizona’s average gas prices up 6 cents to $3.53 a gallon in the first half of June, Donati said it appears the inflation is not enough for people to cancel their holiday plans.
“Gas prices really haven’t changed all that much,” she said. “Even with a slight increase over last year, if a traveler does have to factor gas prices to their budget, they’ll look to save in another area.”
Donati said airline travel is also expected to be up 0.8 percent as nearly 84,000 Arizonans are projected to head to airports this Independence Day.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development