PHOENIX — The city of Glendale and the Westgate Entertainment District are hoping private parties and other unofficial events will increase tax revenue leading up to the Super Bowl.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, these events have the possibility to create more tax revenue and propel businesses, since the National Football League demands host cities to leave off sales taxes on official tickets and events.
Jeff Teetsel, development manager at Westgate, said he will help bars and restaurants at the development get temporary permits to expand their patios and outdoor seating areas. Westgate has about 20 bars, restaurants and eateries. Teetsel said Super Bowl groups also can lease empty space at the Glendale development for other events on game day and the week leading up to the Super Bowl.
Super Bowl XLIX will be held at the University of Phoenix Stadium in early February, but most non-game day events will be located in downtown Phoenix and other Valley locations.
Downtown Phoenix will host Super Bowl Central, featuring fan events and concerts at the Phoenix Convention Center and other venues. Media will also set up shop at the convention center.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.