PHOENIX — The city of Glendale and the Westgate Entertainment District are hoping private parties and other unofficial events will increase tax revenue leading up to the Super Bowl.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, these events have the possibility to create more tax revenue and propel businesses, since the National Football League demands host cities to leave off sales taxes on official tickets and events.
Jeff Teetsel, development manager at Westgate, said he will help bars and restaurants at the development get temporary permits to expand their patios and outdoor seating areas. Westgate has about 20 bars, restaurants and eateries. Teetsel said Super Bowl groups also can lease empty space at the Glendale development for other events on game day and the week leading up to the Super Bowl.
Super Bowl XLIX will be held at the University of Phoenix Stadium in early February, but most non-game day events will be located in downtown Phoenix and other Valley locations.
Downtown Phoenix will host Super Bowl Central, featuring fan events and concerts at the Phoenix Convention Center and other venues. Media will also set up shop at the convention center.
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips