PHOENIX — The race to become Arizona’s next governor is heating up and Valley political experts say campaign ads will start to take over television and radio airwaves soon.
“We’re starting to see some serious punching in the commercials, often by third parties,” KTAR political expert Mike O’Neil said. “We’ve seen third party committees supporting Doug Ducey go after Scott Smith, go after Christine Jones.”
Arizona’s gubernatorial primary election is two months away and O’Neil says political advertising attacks and negative campaigning will only get worse as the race continues.
“As we get closer and closer to the actual primary date, I think it is foreordained to get nasty,” O’Neil said.
The analyst said many people are wondering who will come out of this political battle the least bloodied, but he thinks the answer is easy. He said it has to do with the wallet size of two particular candidates.
“It’s not hard to say. You’re clearly going to need big money to play in this league so Smith and Ducey would be my guess at this point,” he said.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them