PHOENIX — The number of rainless days in Phoenix is piling up.
As of Tuesday, the last time Phoenix received measurable rainfall was 113 days ago on March 2. Jessica Nolte, a spokeswoman for the National Weather Service, said another day will push the period into a four-way tie for the Valley’s 10th-longest streak without rain. It also happened in 1968, 1991 and 1996.
“With those other years the streaks were broken in the month of July between the sixth and 15th. The monsoon stands a really good chance of breaking our dry streak,” Nolte said.
The record run without rainfall in Phoenix is 160 days, which ended in June 1972. There’s a tie for the second- longest dry streaks at 143 days. One of those streaks ended in March 2006 while the other ended in July 1960.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life