PHOENIX — You may not think of Arizona as an ideal road trip destination, but one study says it’s one of the best in the country.
A study done by WalletHub that compared each of the 50 states rated Arizona as a top road trip destination in the U.S., with its number of attractions, affordable hotels and scenic drives as the highest-rated categories on a list of 21 key metrics.
WalletHub CEO Odysseas Papadimitriou said Arizona also placed pretty well in categories such as gas and camping costs — allowing out-of-town road trippers to experience quality vacation destinations at an affordable cost.
“When it comes to the cost of camping it is actually the most affordable in the nation,” he said. “Some other strengths of Arizona is obviously in the number of days it has with sunshine, ranking number four; number of attractions it ranks number eight and number of scenic byways it ranks number nine.”
Papadimitriou said the ranking also showed some surprising disparity between states in the individual categories, for example Arizona’s cost of camping versus Connecticut’s.
“Connecticut comes in dead last, so Connecticut is two-times more expensive to camp there than in Arizona,” he said.
KTAR’s Mark Remillard contributed to this report.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments