PHOENIX — Arizona State University and the Thunderbird School of Global Management may merge — or at least partner up.
The Glendale-based management school has faced financial and staffing difficulties, but sources say some connection with ASU may be forthcoming, the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
“The university does not confirm or deny whether negotiations are taking places on any matter,” said ASU spokeswoman Sharon Keeler.
Thunderbird officials also would not comment on “how [it] might become related to ASU’s W.P. Carey School of Business as well as ASU’s West Campus, just a few miles [away].”
The school was in talks with for-profit Laureate Education, Inc., but those negotiations ceased in April.
Thunderbird has had as much as $24 million in debt.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon