PHOENIX — Fire crews responded to a call Saturday night about a woman who was found on a Phoenix hiking trail having a medical emergency.
The Phoenix fire and police departments received a call around 9:40 p.m. about the injured woman. Phoenix Fire Cpt. Ruben Saavedra said specially trained technical rescue personnel from the Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Daisy Mountain and Scottsdale departments were called to assist in the search and rescue.
Saavedra said a Phoenix Police Department helicopter transported firefighters to the woman.
The captain said the woman was evaluated and found to have been on the trail since around 3 p.m. He said that he didn’t know the nature of the woman’s medical issue, but that it required immediate attention.
Firefighters used a big-wheel operation to get the woman off the trail, Savedra said, and the Phoenix FD transported her to a local hospital for medical attention.
Saavedra wanted to remind hikers that local parks are closed from dusk to dawn, and that it’s against the law to be in them during that time.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas