As it turns out, hosting Super Bowl XLIX has its benefits beyond the economic impact.
That’s because, according to the Phoenix Business Journal, the Super Bowl Host Committee and the NFL Foundation have partnered to give $2 million in grants to Valley non-profit organizations.
The host committee has set up an ‘In the Community’ website where organizations can apply for one of the grants.
In addition to its partnership with the NFL Foundation, the SB Host Committee has teamed up with Arizona Community Foundation to ensure proper administration over the distribution of the funds.
“Giving back to the local nonprofit community is a tremendous opportunity that will allow us to leave Arizona in a better place as a result of Super Bowl XLIX,” David Rousseau, chairman of the Host Committee, told the BizJournals.com. “We appreciate the local business leaders’ and corporations’ support to make this investment possible, and look forward to the many legacy projects that will be funded leading up to the Big Game.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon