PHOENIX — Tuesday could be a great day for you to donate blood.
KTAR 92.3 and Arizona Sports 98.7 FM are teaming up with United Blood Services for a blood drive over the next few days.
KTAR 92.3 will be at the Chandler Donor Center at Elliot and Dobson from 10 a.m. to noon. Wednesday, Arizona Sports 98.7 FM will be at the Glendale donor center at 59th Avenue and Union Hills from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
You can also donate blood Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at any of the United Blood Services donor centers across the valley.
Blood donors will automatically be entered to win a 2014 Volkswagen Passat-S donated by Valley Volkswagen dealers.
United Blood Services spokeswoman Sue Thew said they need you to give blood now because this is one of the toughest times of the year for them to get donations.
“With the July 4th holiday week upon us, and people out on the roads and highways escaping the heat, not only do you have the potential for accidents and a greater blood usage, but the donor base declines substantially,” said Thew. “It’s really hard to keep up the momentum.”
Thew said that giving blood is not difficult.
“Almost every donor goes through the process start to finish very, very easily,” she said. “It’s a wonderful feeling to know that you’ve had a great impact on someone’s life by providing those life-saving transfusions.”
She said it usually takes less than an hour to donate blood.
UBS does require that you make an appointment to donate blood. You’ll find more information about this week’s blood drive on the events page at KTAR.com.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon