PHOENIX — Tuesday could be a great day for you to donate blood.
KTAR 92.3 and Arizona Sports 98.7 FM are teaming up with United Blood Services for a blood drive over the next few days.
KTAR 92.3 will be at the Chandler Donor Center at Elliot and Dobson from 10 a.m. to noon. Wednesday, Arizona Sports 98.7 FM will be at the Glendale donor center at 59th Avenue and Union Hills from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
You can also donate blood Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at any of the United Blood Services donor centers across the valley.
Blood donors will automatically be entered to win a 2014 Volkswagen Passat-S donated by Valley Volkswagen dealers.
United Blood Services spokeswoman Sue Thew said they need you to give blood now because this is one of the toughest times of the year for them to get donations.
“With the July 4th holiday week upon us, and people out on the roads and highways escaping the heat, not only do you have the potential for accidents and a greater blood usage, but the donor base declines substantially,” said Thew. “It’s really hard to keep up the momentum.”
Thew said that giving blood is not difficult.
“Almost every donor goes through the process start to finish very, very easily,” she said. “It’s a wonderful feeling to know that you’ve had a great impact on someone’s life by providing those life-saving transfusions.”
She said it usually takes less than an hour to donate blood.
UBS does require that you make an appointment to donate blood. You’ll find more information about this week’s blood drive on the events page at KTAR.com.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments