PHOENIX — The personal security company Identity Theft 911 is warning that things like Google Glass, Google Fit and Apple’s Health Kit could leave you vulnerable. Hackers, or anyone who has your device after it is lost or stolen, could get access to your important information.
That’s because these so-called wearable technology devices use detailed GPS logs that contain information on anything from your health information to which ATM you use.
Ken Colburn of the Data Doctors says that you shouldn’t be surprised.
“This notion of complete privacy and complete security, those days are long gone,” he said.
Colburn isn’t worried about wearable technology risks. He says that your smart phone is more of a security risk because it has tons of information and reports its location to your cell phone company every seven seconds.
He says that both smart phones and wearable devices are already equipped with security devices that can protect you.
The capabilities include. “setting up any kind of remote monitoring or tracking of the device so that (you can find them) in case they get lost or stolen, and being able to remotely destroy the information on it. Most of those capabilities are built in to a lot of these devices. You just need to learn how to activate them,” Colburn said.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick