PHOENIX — Drivers using freeways in the Valley this weekend should be on the lookout for several closures and lane restrictions as the Arizona Department of Transportation works on various highway-improvement projects.
Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed overnight between Power and Elliot roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. Hawes Road will also be closed between Loop 202 and Ray Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed between Elliot and Power roads from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
State Route 24 (Gateway Freeway) is going to be closed in both directions between Loop 202 and Ellsworth Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 2 p.m. Sunday.
The westbound Interstate 10 ramp to eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) in Tempe will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday. Additionally, the eastbound US 60 on-ramp and westbound off-ramp at Priest Drive will be closed during the same time.
Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) will be narrowed to one lane overnight between Baseline and Elliot roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday. Also, the southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Guadalupe Road will be closed during that time.
Southbound Loop 303/Cotton Lane is going to be closed between Camelback and McDowell roads in Goodyear from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday for paving and bridge work.
Sarival Avenue will be closed in both directions between Interstate 10 and McDowell Road in Goodyear from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Sunday for bridge work. The eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Sarival Avenue will be open for use by northbound traffic during that time, however.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns