PHOENIX — Drivers using freeways in the Valley this weekend should be on the lookout for several closures and lane restrictions as the Arizona Department of Transportation works on various highway-improvement projects.
Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed overnight between Power and Elliot roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. Hawes Road will also be closed between Loop 202 and Ray Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed between Elliot and Power roads from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
State Route 24 (Gateway Freeway) is going to be closed in both directions between Loop 202 and Ellsworth Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 2 p.m. Sunday.
The westbound Interstate 10 ramp to eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) in Tempe will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday. Additionally, the eastbound US 60 on-ramp and westbound off-ramp at Priest Drive will be closed during the same time.
Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) will be narrowed to one lane overnight between Baseline and Elliot roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday. Also, the southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Guadalupe Road will be closed during that time.
Southbound Loop 303/Cotton Lane is going to be closed between Camelback and McDowell roads in Goodyear from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday for paving and bridge work.
Sarival Avenue will be closed in both directions between Interstate 10 and McDowell Road in Goodyear from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Sunday for bridge work. The eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Sarival Avenue will be open for use by northbound traffic during that time, however.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food