With their physical prime in the rear view mirror and twilight years fastly approaching, many a middle-aged man fall prey to the sad stereotypes of midlife crisis. It just happens.
Estately, a popular home shopping site, said the Phoenix area has more than its fair share of guys going through midlife crisis. The site ranked the Valley No. 3 in the nation for the number of men in a midlife crisis.
The site compiled lifestyle data from the 25 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S., with criteria including things like Google searches for hair transplants and the ratio of divorce lawyers to marriage counselors.
Caused by regrets over missed opportunities or the abandonment of youthful ideals, mid-life crisis are often fueled by salaries obtained in the later stages of a career. That stereotypically means gawdy sports cars and young mistresses (with expensive taste).
Whether it’s a Harley gathering dust in the garage or the skinny-jeans/beer-gut stud muffin trolling Old Town Scottsdale, it turns out that Phoenix takes the bronze for the number of men in the throes of a stereotypical midlife crisis.
Flip through the gallery below to see where Phoenix sits for each of the five midlife crisis criteria.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Scottsdale is most expensive Arizona city to rent a home in
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- FJI.design offering ‘Design it Forward’ for growing food or drink business
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots