PHOENIX — Plans for a massive housing development roughly two miles from Luke Air Force Base are gaining support in Glendale.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors approved the zoning and land use of 252 acres to construct up to 1,260 homes.
The property is bounded by Northern Avenue to the north, Glendale Avenue to the south, El Mirage Road to the east and several blocks short of Dysart Road to the west.
The board’s approval will allow Scottsdale real estate investment firm Marbella Homes Inc. to buy the property for about $11 million this fall.
With the new zoning in place, homes may now be built right up to the outside of Luke’s “high noise or accident potential zone,” an area surrounding the base where civilian development is highly restricted for noise and safety reasons.
Even though there are additional residential density guidelines in place within 10 miles of the base, Luke Air Force Base has given the OK for Marbella Ranch to be constructed.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy