PHOENIX — Arizona public libraries and business leaders have joined forces with the O’Connor House, an organization which promotes civic engagement, to create a bigger buzz about this year’s elections and to increase voter registration and participation.
“It’s a one-stop landing page that shows you the deadlines to register to vote for both the primary and the general election,” said Sarah Suggs, president and CEO of the O’Connor House. “It has a simple icon that says, ‘Register to Vote Click Here,’ and it redirects you quickly to that page.”
A VoteAZ.net icon can be seen at every public library in the state, Suggs said.
Several businesses, including Fry’s Food Stores, have already put up posters advertising the new, easy site in their stores, and the O’Connor House says any Arizona business can download a VoteAZ.net icon to place on their website.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development