PHOENIX — A group of cyclists stopped in Phoenix Tuesday as part of their “Journey of Hope.”
The 28 riders and eight support team members pulled up arrived at ASU’s downtown campus Tuesday morning. Each raised $5,500 for the ride that started in Long Beach, Calif., and will end Aug. 2 in Washington, D.C.
“It’s through an organization called Push America, which is the national philanthropy owned and operated by Pi Kappa Phi fraternity,” said Keegan Girodo, a former ASU student who is one of the riders. “We’re doing this because we serve people with disabilities.”
The riders planned to stay the night in Phoenix. Thursday, they will visit SpoFit, a gym that works with people with disabilities in Phoenix.
“We’ll be doing a summer camp with them, and we’ll also do athletic sports that include disabilities, like wheelchair basketball and stuff like that,” Girodo said.
The riders leave Phoenix Thursday, and have stops in Globe and Lakeside before crossing into New Mexico later this week. They are asking for donations and are hoping to raise $500,000 for the disabled. The money goes to each organization the riders visit during their trip.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick