PHOENIX — A Peoria mother is trying to raise awareness and money to bring back the body of her 16-year-old daughter who suddenly passed away while vacationing in Mexico.
According to ABC News, Kris Hamann has been reaching out to social media in order to raise money to recover the body of her daughter Lanna.
While on a trip with her friend and friend’s family, Hamann had told her friend’s father she wasn’t feeling well. She had a heart attack shortly after and passed away.
An autopsy in Mexico revealed she had been drinking energy drinks but it is uncertain if they played in the untimely death.
The family, not only struggling with their grief, has been saddled with the cost of recovering Hamann’s body. Reportedly it will cost more than $13,000 to bring home the body.
By using the hashtag #BringLannaHome, Hamann has been able to generate a buzz over her daughter’s unexpected death.
Donations can be made to the Lanna Hamann Memorial Fund at any Wells Fargo branch in the country. Sunrise Mountain High School, where the teen would have been going into her junior year, has also set up a Go Fund Me account for fundraising.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon