PHOENIX — A Peoria mother is trying to raise awareness and money to bring back the body of her 16-year-old daughter who suddenly passed away while vacationing in Mexico.
According to ABC News, Kris Hamann has been reaching out to social media in order to raise money to recover the body of her daughter Lanna.
While on a trip with her friend and friend’s family, Hamann had told her friend’s father she wasn’t feeling well. She had a heart attack shortly after and passed away.
An autopsy in Mexico revealed she had been drinking energy drinks but it is uncertain if they played in the untimely death.
The family, not only struggling with their grief, has been saddled with the cost of recovering Hamann’s body. Reportedly it will cost more than $13,000 to bring home the body.
By using the hashtag #BringLannaHome, Hamann has been able to generate a buzz over her daughter’s unexpected death.
Donations can be made to the Lanna Hamann Memorial Fund at any Wells Fargo branch in the country. Sunrise Mountain High School, where the teen would have been going into her junior year, has also set up a Go Fund Me account for fundraising.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.