PHOENIX — The next time you get a driver’s license in Arizona, expect not only a new look, but a new process, as well.
In an effort to enhance security and safety, the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division has completely redesigned the state-issued driver’s licenses and IDs.
“The design of the driver’s license has numerous security features that have been added,” said ADOT spokesman Harold Sanders.
The high-tech look borrows from anti-counterfeiting methods used in currency and adds an additional picture of the driver.
Another layer of security means drivers won’t walk out of the MVD office with your new license the same way, however.
“You’re not going to receive your license the same day,” explained Sanders. “What you’re going to receive is a temporary, which is going to be good for 30 days.”
The permanent license will be mailed about two weeks later to make sure the correct address is used.
Current licenses are still valid until they expire or until the photo needs to be refreshed.
The procedure change went into effect Monday.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development