PHOENIX — The next time you get a driver’s license in Arizona, expect not only a new look, but a new process, as well.
In an effort to enhance security and safety, the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division has completely redesigned the state-issued driver’s licenses and IDs.
“The design of the driver’s license has numerous security features that have been added,” said ADOT spokesman Harold Sanders.
The high-tech look borrows from anti-counterfeiting methods used in currency and adds an additional picture of the driver.
Another layer of security means drivers won’t walk out of the MVD office with your new license the same way, however.
“You’re not going to receive your license the same day,” explained Sanders. “What you’re going to receive is a temporary, which is going to be good for 30 days.”
The permanent license will be mailed about two weeks later to make sure the correct address is used.
Current licenses are still valid until they expire or until the photo needs to be refreshed.
The procedure change went into effect Monday.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them