PHOENIX — The U.S. is above nearly every other country when it comes to families relocating.
The Census Bureau reported that 11.7 percent of the population moved between 2012 and 2013. And 30 percent of those who moved did so for “family-related reasons.”
Gilbert has made it to the number nine spot in the list of the top ten best U.S. cities for families, according to Desert News.
With a population of 221,140, Gilbert ranked third for affordability and sixth for socio-economic environment.
The median income is $71,207, which is $25,000 higher than the median income of the state.
No.1 on the list was Plano, Texas, which ranked first for both socio-economic environment and education, and seventh for both affordability and health and safety.
Following the city of Plano, Texas was Sioux Falls, S.D., Overland Park, Kan., Fremont, Calif., Irvine, Calif., Virginia Beach, Va., Lincoln, Neb., Anchorage, Ala. and Amarillo, Texas.
The rankings were based on safety, affordability, education, child care and the social and economic environment of the city.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon