It would have been hard to beat this Father’s Day gift.
Dating back to over 50 years ago, recent college graduate Cecil R. Sims purchased a 1962 Chevy half-ton pickup truck from Courtesy Chevrolet for $1,700.00.
The truck then stayed in in his family over the decades and racked up over 300,000 miles of fond memories.
But over the last 15 years, the truck has begun to peter into struggle.
So Sims’ son-in-law, Jim Anderson, and his wife thought it was time for a restoration. Since last December, Anderson rallied up family members and searched far and wide for the specific parts to fix the vehicle. They wanted to get the car ready for Father’s Day.
After spending five months deconstructing and rebuilding the truck, Anderson approached Courtesy Chevrolet about redelivering the truck to the show room floor on Saturday for a big unveiling.
“We had all of his family members and all of the people involved in rebuilding the truck which was quite considerable,” said Courtesy Chevrolet Sales and Marketing Manager Jason Church.
“It was a fantastic affair — everyone was there; definitely the best Father’s Day present I could imagine.”
Church said Sims didn’t catch on that the truck was his at first.
“He (Sims) was walking past the car and his daughter said, ‘That’s a nice looking truck,’ and he said, ‘You know, I used to have one exactly like that,'” Church said.
According to Church, Sims eventually proclaimed, “I think this is my truck!”
The pickup was painted back to its original color, beige with a white top.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy