PHOENIX — “Watch your kids around water” and “Make sure your pool has a fence and with a working, locking gate that’s working” are just some of the tips that Arizonans are constantly reminded of during these hot summer months.
But you also may want to take a look at your homeowner’s insurance policy to make sure that someone’s accident around your pool doesn’t leave your bank account high and dry.
“Ask your insurance agent regarding limits of liability on your homeowners insurance,” said John Candaso, an insurance agent for Triple-A Arizona. “We do encourage you to increase your liability limits from $300,000 up to $1 million.”
Candaso said some things near or attached to your pool may cause you problems with your insurance company.
“If you have a diving board or a slide, insurance companies will charge more,” he said. “They kind of frown upon pools that have those. A lot of insurance companies won’t even cover you if you have a pool or a slide.”
Candaso said that your insurance company may raise your rates 3 to 5 percent if you install a pool.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development