An often-lauded pizzeria with three locations in Phoenix is set to open a new spot down south next month.
The Arizona Daily Star reports Pizzeria Bianco is opening a location in downtown Tucson.
The new diner will open on July 24, one day before the city starts running a modern streetcar through downtown to the University of Arizona.
The owner’s intentions to open a location in Tucson were announced almost a year ago, but a date hadn’t been set until Thursday.
(Chris) Bianco, a James Beard Award-winning chef who has several restaurants in Phoenix and one in London, England, posted the date around lunchtime today on Instagram. The restaurant will mirror his original Pizzeria Bianco and serve just pizzas, antipasti and salads.
The restaurant is no stranger to making many “best of” lists. For example, last October it was named the No. 3 pizza in the country by foodie website The Daily Meal. It has also earned praise from the New York Times, Rachael Ray and Martha Stewart, among others.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development