An often-lauded pizzeria with three locations in Phoenix is set to open a new spot down south next month.
The Arizona Daily Star reports Pizzeria Bianco is opening a location in downtown Tucson.
The new diner will open on July 24, one day before the city starts running a modern streetcar through downtown to the University of Arizona.
The owner’s intentions to open a location in Tucson were announced almost a year ago, but a date hadn’t been set until Thursday.
(Chris) Bianco, a James Beard Award-winning chef who has several restaurants in Phoenix and one in London, England, posted the date around lunchtime today on Instagram. The restaurant will mirror his original Pizzeria Bianco and serve just pizzas, antipasti and salads.
The restaurant is no stranger to making many “best of” lists. For example, last October it was named the No. 3 pizza in the country by foodie website The Daily Meal. It has also earned praise from the New York Times, Rachael Ray and Martha Stewart, among others.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes