PHOENIX — Scottsdale has been ranked No. 1 among the top 10 best cities to raise children.
According to a study by MyLife, the 10 cities chosen are the best at ensuring a quality childhood and a peace of mind for the parents raising them.
The 10 cities chosen are Scottsdale, Ariz., Fremont, Calif., Irvine, Calif., Chandler, Ariz., Raleigh, N.C., Plano, Texas, San Diego, Calif., Honolulu, Hawaii, Henderson, Nev., and San Jose, Calif., respectively.
Sunny Scottsdale was able to vault to the number one spot by ranking first in average family income. At more than $136,000 annually, it certainly helps to afford the cost of living. You could even take the kids to a tournament at TPC Scottsdale; or perhaps, even play it. The city also ranked fourth in the public schools category.
The 100 most populated cities in the U.S. were ranked in order based on the following categories: crime rate, public school ranking, public parks per capita, average family salary and cost of living.
Chandler also made the list on spot four.
The second Arizona city to make the top five, Chandler is a technology goldmine, as it hosts satellite offices for Intel and Orbital Sciences Corporation, as well as manufacturing plants for Microchip and Motorola. The city ranked 14th in crime rate and 15th in average income, showing that safety and that all of those with the tech jobs can afford to make sure their family lives well.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas