PHOENIX — A student prank resulted in the censorship of hundreds of Sabino High School yearbooks after inappropriate comments made it into the publication.
According to the Arizona Daily Star, the incident was the result of a lack of oversight by yearbook teacher Thomas Knutson.
In total, there were 13 inappropriate comments in the publication, which Principal Matt Munger ordered to have covered with tape.
The process of censoring approximately 500 yearbooks delayed distribution by five days.
Tucson Unified School District spokeswoman Cara Rene said the students who submitted the inappropriate quotes will not be disciplined, and that responsibility will fall entirely on the school staff.
“I hope that something that is an isolated incident doesn’t mar the fact that Sabino is an A-rated, Blue Ribbon school,” Rene said.
TUSD did not share what the student quotes said.
Sabino is offering refunds on the yearbook, which cost between $65 and $75.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development