PHOENIX — London is not the same as it used to be three years ago. The east side has been transformed and is now known as London’s Tech City.
According to Francine Hardaway, blogger for the Phoenix Business Journal, London has manufactured a place for innovation out of an undesirable or central location.
The same can be achieved in Phoenix.
London has manufactured a place for innovation out of a not-very-desirable or central location. We’ve got lots of those. What we lack is the spirit of partnership that appears to govern London’s effort. Chandler has done its damnedest with Gangplank to create an environment for technology, as has Mesa, but they haven’t really taken off.
She writes that perhaps what we’re missing is the one company that will put some money into the community to foster the next generation of innovators.
GoDaddy could possibly be able to grow enough to create a central hub for innovation for the Phoenix area, or maybe it will be Infusionsoft, which has always been more community minded.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.