PHOENIX — London is not the same as it used to be three years ago. The east side has been transformed and is now known as London’s Tech City.
According to Francine Hardaway, blogger for the Phoenix Business Journal, London has manufactured a place for innovation out of an undesirable or central location.
The same can be achieved in Phoenix.
London has manufactured a place for innovation out of a not-very-desirable or central location. We’ve got lots of those. What we lack is the spirit of partnership that appears to govern London’s effort. Chandler has done its damnedest with Gangplank to create an environment for technology, as has Mesa, but they haven’t really taken off.
She writes that perhaps what we’re missing is the one company that will put some money into the community to foster the next generation of innovators.
GoDaddy could possibly be able to grow enough to create a central hub for innovation for the Phoenix area, or maybe it will be Infusionsoft, which has always been more community minded.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon