PHOENIX — London is not the same as it used to be three years ago. The east side has been transformed and is now known as London’s Tech City.
According to Francine Hardaway, blogger for the Phoenix Business Journal, London has manufactured a place for innovation out of an undesirable or central location.
The same can be achieved in Phoenix.
London has manufactured a place for innovation out of a not-very-desirable or central location. We’ve got lots of those. What we lack is the spirit of partnership that appears to govern London’s effort. Chandler has done its damnedest with Gangplank to create an environment for technology, as has Mesa, but they haven’t really taken off.
She writes that perhaps what we’re missing is the one company that will put some money into the community to foster the next generation of innovators.
GoDaddy could possibly be able to grow enough to create a central hub for innovation for the Phoenix area, or maybe it will be Infusionsoft, which has always been more community minded.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments