DENVER (AP) — Olympic champion swimmer Amy Van Dyken-Rouen plans to undergo rehabilitation for her severed spine at a suburban Denver hospital.
Van Dyken-Rouen planned to transfer sometime next week to Craig Hospital, which specializes in spinal cord injuries. Her husband, former Denver Broncos punter Tom Rouen, told the Denver Post that she may still need to undergo a second surgery at the Scottsdale, Ariz. hospital where she has been since she was injured in an all-terrain vehicle crash Friday night.
Tom Rouen says the family doesn’t know if she will be paralyzed, saying “we’re going to take it day by day.”
Van Dyken-Rouen remains upbeat in her Twitter posts.
Was in MRI until 4:00am today (started at 11:30pm) did whole spine and brain, and so far, so good. Yes, I have a brain! LOL #BabySteps
— Amy Van Dyken-Rouen (@amyvandyken) June 12, 2014
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development