DENVER (AP) — Olympic champion swimmer Amy Van Dyken-Rouen plans to undergo rehabilitation for her severed spine at a suburban Denver hospital.
Van Dyken-Rouen planned to transfer sometime next week to Craig Hospital, which specializes in spinal cord injuries. Her husband, former Denver Broncos punter Tom Rouen, told the Denver Post that she may still need to undergo a second surgery at the Scottsdale, Ariz. hospital where she has been since she was injured in an all-terrain vehicle crash Friday night.
Tom Rouen says the family doesn’t know if she will be paralyzed, saying “we’re going to take it day by day.”
Van Dyken-Rouen remains upbeat in her Twitter posts.
Was in MRI until 4:00am today (started at 11:30pm) did whole spine and brain, and so far, so good. Yes, I have a brain! LOL #BabySteps
— Amy Van Dyken-Rouen (@amyvandyken) June 12, 2014
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets