PHOENIX — Some Arizonans may soon be paying half price for their medical marijuana cards.
The Arizona Department of Health Services is considering the price drop, because it has some money in the bank.
“We’ve got about $9 million in the medical marijuana fund right now,” said ADHS Director Will Humble. “[Much] of that came in from fees for the medical marijuana registration cards, which are about $150 per year. About $2 million came in from the medical marijuana dispensary applications.”
Humble said that having a system that is mostly automated meant the department’s expenditures for the program were lower than expected, and that’s how they’re able to consider cutting fees to $75 a year, for some people.
Humble listed who would be eligible under the plan.
“Veterans, seniors, people who qualify for federal government programs and also people that qualify for and receive food stamps or SNAP benefits,” he said.
A final decision on the proposal is expected this fall. Humble said that the price drop could happen early next year.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development