PHOENIX — Some Arizonans may soon be paying half price for their medical marijuana cards.
The Arizona Department of Health Services is considering the price drop, because it has some money in the bank.
“We’ve got about $9 million in the medical marijuana fund right now,” said ADHS Director Will Humble. “[Much] of that came in from fees for the medical marijuana registration cards, which are about $150 per year. About $2 million came in from the medical marijuana dispensary applications.”
Humble said that having a system that is mostly automated meant the department’s expenditures for the program were lower than expected, and that’s how they’re able to consider cutting fees to $75 a year, for some people.
Humble listed who would be eligible under the plan.
“Veterans, seniors, people who qualify for federal government programs and also people that qualify for and receive food stamps or SNAP benefits,” he said.
A final decision on the proposal is expected this fall. Humble said that the price drop could happen early next year.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them