PHOENIX — High schools in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler and Phoenix are some of the 16 schools in Arizona that have made it onto the Washington Post‘s list of “America’s Most Challenging High Schools.”
The list is based on the number of college-level tests given at the school the previous calendar year, including Advance Placement and divided by the number of graduates that year.
The number one spot for the most challenging high school in Arizona went to BASIS Tucson North High School, which also ranked number 10 nationally.
Schools in Tucson took the top three spots in the list with the percent of graduates who passed at least one college-level test during their high school career.
BASIS Tucson North was followed by Accelerated Elementary and Seconday, University High, Sonoran Science Academy, Northland Prep Academy, Basha, Catalina Foothills, Hamilton, Pinnacle and Verrado, respectively.
Approximately 1,900 schools were looked at nationwide for the study.
There were no private schools among the top 16 list.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas