PHOENIX — High schools in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler and Phoenix are some of the 16 schools in Arizona that have made it onto the Washington Post‘s list of “America’s Most Challenging High Schools.”
The list is based on the number of college-level tests given at the school the previous calendar year, including Advance Placement and divided by the number of graduates that year.
The number one spot for the most challenging high school in Arizona went to BASIS Tucson North High School, which also ranked number 10 nationally.
Schools in Tucson took the top three spots in the list with the percent of graduates who passed at least one college-level test during their high school career.
BASIS Tucson North was followed by Accelerated Elementary and Seconday, University High, Sonoran Science Academy, Northland Prep Academy, Basha, Catalina Foothills, Hamilton, Pinnacle and Verrado, respectively.
Approximately 1,900 schools were looked at nationwide for the study.
There were no private schools among the top 16 list.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development