PHOENIX — High schools in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler and Phoenix are some of the 16 schools in Arizona that have made it onto the Washington Post‘s list of “America’s Most Challenging High Schools.”
The list is based on the number of college-level tests given at the school the previous calendar year, including Advance Placement and divided by the number of graduates that year.
The number one spot for the most challenging high school in Arizona went to BASIS Tucson North High School, which also ranked number 10 nationally.
Schools in Tucson took the top three spots in the list with the percent of graduates who passed at least one college-level test during their high school career.
BASIS Tucson North was followed by Accelerated Elementary and Seconday, University High, Sonoran Science Academy, Northland Prep Academy, Basha, Catalina Foothills, Hamilton, Pinnacle and Verrado, respectively.
Approximately 1,900 schools were looked at nationwide for the study.
There were no private schools among the top 16 list.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night