PHOENIX — Aside from the intense summer heat that defines Arizona, stress seems to be another issue surrounding the state.
According to the real estate website Movoto, Arizona ranked as the 10th-most stressed out state in America.
The criteria used to measure stress was the percentage of population with commutes longer than 20 minutes, unemployment and the amount of hours worked.
Arizonans, according to the survey, work an average of 22 hours per week and about 11 percent of the population commutes longer than 20 minutes.
“Arizona is basically a slightly less stressed version of North Carolina. The commutes are worse, but all the desert gives you a lot of space to breathe.”
The states more stressed than Arizona were Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, California, Nevada, Illinois, New York, Maryland and North Carolina.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon