PHOENIX — Aside from the intense summer heat that defines Arizona, stress seems to be another issue surrounding the state.
According to the real estate website Movoto, Arizona ranked as the 10th-most stressed out state in America.
The criteria used to measure stress was the percentage of population with commutes longer than 20 minutes, unemployment and the amount of hours worked.
Arizonans, according to the survey, work an average of 22 hours per week and about 11 percent of the population commutes longer than 20 minutes.
“Arizona is basically a slightly less stressed version of North Carolina. The commutes are worse, but all the desert gives you a lot of space to breathe.”
The states more stressed than Arizona were Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, California, Nevada, Illinois, New York, Maryland and North Carolina.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments