PHOENIX — One person was shot near a Tempe high school Wednesday afternoon, locking down the school for a brief period.
Police said three people were injured in the shooting, including the homeowner, who was met by police at the scene. The other two were transported to the hospital. One was in serious condition.
Tweets said that there had been gunfire close to McClintock High, near McClintock Drive and Southern Avenue.
@EmmaDinardo1 it's a gun stand off!! Security at mcclintock told us when I dropped off jordan!!
— Ms Jennifer Lawrence (@BrittneyRenee60) June 11, 2014
The shooting happened directly across the street from the school’s swimming pool. About five students were using it when the shooting happened. They reported it to a school resource officer, who put the school on a precautionary lockdown.
The campus is in summer session.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy