PHOENIX — The Arizona Corporation Commission is warning that someone is trying to rip-off Arizona businesses.
“Once you have incorporated your business or filed as an LLC, have completed the required paperwork and paid the required fees, you get a certificate that shows that you’re in good standing with the commission,” said Communications Director Rebecca Wilder.
According to Wilder, someone identifying themselves as “Arizona Business Filing Services” has been sending misleading letters to businesses.
“What they are saying that they can do is provide you with a certificate of good standing for a fee of $59.99,” she said.
The fee is nearly $15 more than the $45 that the Corporation Commission charges.
Wilder said that the commission does not use any third-party services to issue the certificates. She said business owners who receive the offer should call the Arizona Attorney General’s office.
Business owners can file a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office online or by calling one of the following numbers:
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier