PHOENIX — The Arizona Corporation Commission is warning that someone is trying to rip-off Arizona businesses.
“Once you have incorporated your business or filed as an LLC, have completed the required paperwork and paid the required fees, you get a certificate that shows that you’re in good standing with the commission,” said Communications Director Rebecca Wilder.
According to Wilder, someone identifying themselves as “Arizona Business Filing Services” has been sending misleading letters to businesses.
“What they are saying that they can do is provide you with a certificate of good standing for a fee of $59.99,” she said.
The fee is nearly $15 more than the $45 that the Corporation Commission charges.
Wilder said that the commission does not use any third-party services to issue the certificates. She said business owners who receive the offer should call the Arizona Attorney General’s office.
Business owners can file a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office online or by calling one of the following numbers:
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night