PHOENIX — The Arizona Corporation Commission is warning that someone is trying to rip-off Arizona businesses.
“Once you have incorporated your business or filed as an LLC, have completed the required paperwork and paid the required fees, you get a certificate that shows that you’re in good standing with the commission,” said Communications Director Rebecca Wilder.
According to Wilder, someone identifying themselves as “Arizona Business Filing Services” has been sending misleading letters to businesses.
“What they are saying that they can do is provide you with a certificate of good standing for a fee of $59.99,” she said.
The fee is nearly $15 more than the $45 that the Corporation Commission charges.
Wilder said that the commission does not use any third-party services to issue the certificates. She said business owners who receive the offer should call the Arizona Attorney General’s office.
Business owners can file a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office online or by calling one of the following numbers:
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them