PHOENIX — Leaders are close to approving a Phoenix Bicycle Master Plan that will make it safer and easier to bike in town.
The 20-year plan includes 385 potential projects to complete gaps along 37 corridors across Phoenix. Among the projects are lane striping, adding bike lanes and bike bridges.
The price tag is nearly $53 million.
According to a city report,there is no current funding source for the projects so they will make changes as funding allows.
The plan is laid out in three tiers: zero to five years, six to 10 years, and 11 to 20 years. The first tier called for 10 projects stretching from 56th Street to 15th Avenue.
On Tuesday, the city’s Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee will be asked to approve the plan and send it to the full council.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them