PHOENIX — Leaders are close to approving a Phoenix Bicycle Master Plan that will make it safer and easier to bike in town.
The 20-year plan includes 385 potential projects to complete gaps along 37 corridors across Phoenix. Among the projects are lane striping, adding bike lanes and bike bridges.
The price tag is nearly $53 million.
According to a city report,there is no current funding source for the projects so they will make changes as funding allows.
The plan is laid out in three tiers: zero to five years, six to 10 years, and 11 to 20 years. The first tier called for 10 projects stretching from 56th Street to 15th Avenue.
On Tuesday, the city’s Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee will be asked to approve the plan and send it to the full council.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development