PHOENIX — The sponsorship deal between the Fiesta Bowl and Tostitos is coming to an end after 18 years.
SportsBusiness Journal reported that the chips company Frito-Lay told ESPN its Tostitos brand would no longer underwrite the BCS game. Another sponsor, Discover, which had provided support for the Orange Bowl, also was dropping out.
The Fiesta Bowl released a statement:
“The Fiesta Bowl is incredibly thankful for the opportunity to partner with Tostitos over the past 18 years. Throughout our partnership, we have staged some of the most memorable bowl games and created lifelong memories for teams and fans alike. The creativity, pageantry and branding Tostitos has brought to the Fiesta Bowl will have an everlasting impact on our game and we wish Tostitos continued success in the future. The landscape of College Football is changing and we understand with these changes comes new opportunities. We are excited about the future and look forward to ESPN reaching an agreement with a new bowl partner.”
Those bowls are part of the rotation of bowl games that will determine the national college football champion.
The Fiesta Bowl is played at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development