PHOENIX — The sponsorship deal between the Fiesta Bowl and Tostitos is coming to an end after 18 years.
SportsBusiness Journal reported that the chips company Frito-Lay told ESPN its Tostitos brand would no longer underwrite the BCS game. Another sponsor, Discover, which had provided support for the Orange Bowl, also was dropping out.
The Fiesta Bowl released a statement:
“The Fiesta Bowl is incredibly thankful for the opportunity to partner with Tostitos over the past 18 years. Throughout our partnership, we have staged some of the most memorable bowl games and created lifelong memories for teams and fans alike. The creativity, pageantry and branding Tostitos has brought to the Fiesta Bowl will have an everlasting impact on our game and we wish Tostitos continued success in the future. The landscape of College Football is changing and we understand with these changes comes new opportunities. We are excited about the future and look forward to ESPN reaching an agreement with a new bowl partner.”
Those bowls are part of the rotation of bowl games that will determine the national college football champion.
The Fiesta Bowl is played at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them