PHOENIX — The Superstition Fire and Medical District responded to a working responded to a mobile home fire Saturday evening in Apache Junction, Ariz., that killed one woman.
Dave Montgomery of the Superstition district said the fire happened on the 600 block of South Cornwall Drive and Apache Junction. He reported the fire had been put out before 9:30 p.m.
A 63-year-old woman who lived alone at the home died in the blaze, Montgomery said. Fire investigators found the blaze originated in an unoccupied bedroom of the single-wide mobile home.
Montgomery said the woman was found in the hallway near the back door. It looked as if she was trying to exit the home, Montgomery said.
“It appears the fire smoldered for some time before it generated enough smoke to be seen from the outside,” Montgomery said.
He added that the woman had a dog that survived the fire and was taken to an Apache Junction animal shelter for care.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon