PHOENIX — Calling all World War II veterans! The Phoenix Veteran’s Day Parade wants you!
The theme of the November 11 parade is “Duty, Honor, Sacrifice… celebrating our World War II veterans.”
Parade planners are looking for at least 100 World War II vets to ride in the parade.
“As we know, many of them are getting older,” said parade organizer Paula Pedene. “It’ll probably be their last ‘hoorah’ to be in the parade.”
Pedene remembers the 1997 parade, when there were lots of World War II vets who marched and rode.
“I remember seeing a sea of Pearl Harbor veterans,” Pedene said.. “We don’t have that today.”
“We lose about 1,000 World War II veterans every day,” Pedene said. “Now, we’re lucky if we get three Pearl Harbor veterans sitting in an entry in the parade.”
If you know of a World War II vet who might like to be in the parade, you can contact organizers at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Pedene by telephone at (480) 772-2934.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.