PHOENIX — Calling all World War II veterans! The Phoenix Veteran’s Day Parade wants you!
The theme of the November 11 parade is “Duty, Honor, Sacrifice… celebrating our World War II veterans.”
Parade planners are looking for at least 100 World War II vets to ride in the parade.
“As we know, many of them are getting older,” said parade organizer Paula Pedene. “It’ll probably be their last ‘hoorah’ to be in the parade.”
Pedene remembers the 1997 parade, when there were lots of World War II vets who marched and rode.
“I remember seeing a sea of Pearl Harbor veterans,” Pedene said.. “We don’t have that today.”
“We lose about 1,000 World War II veterans every day,” Pedene said. “Now, we’re lucky if we get three Pearl Harbor veterans sitting in an entry in the parade.”
If you know of a World War II vet who might like to be in the parade, you can contact organizers at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Pedene by telephone at (480) 772-2934.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon