Unemployment, health care and housing, oh my! It looks like heat isn’t the only thing Arizonans need to chill out about these days.
According to the real estate website, Movoto, Arizona was ranked 10th-most stressed state.
Movoto took six factors into account when ranking each state: Percentage of population with a commute over 20 minutes, unemployment, hours worked, population density, percentage of income spent on housing and percentage of the population without insurance.
While Arizona ranked relatively low for population density and hours worked, they nearly topped the list in the remaining four categories.
Arizona’s highest stress factors come from a lack of health care and long commutes. According to the survey 20.4 percent of people in Arizona don’t have health care and 57.7 percent have long commutes.
Movoto’s Chief Armchair Economist Chris Kolmar was surprised by Arizona’s placement on the list.
“Arizona … seems like a state that just minds its own business. I mean, sure, it’s like one million degrees all the time, the haboobs can kill you, and scorpions are waiting to end your life, but those weren’t the direct criteria we were measuring.”
The rest of the top 10 ranked as such: Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, California, Nevada, Illinois, New York, Maryland and North Carolina.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas