Unemployment, health care and housing, oh my! It looks like heat isn’t the only thing Arizonans need to chill out about these days.
According to the real estate website, Movoto, Arizona was ranked 10th-most stressed state.
Movoto took six factors into account when ranking each state: Percentage of population with a commute over 20 minutes, unemployment, hours worked, population density, percentage of income spent on housing and percentage of the population without insurance.
While Arizona ranked relatively low for population density and hours worked, they nearly topped the list in the remaining four categories.
Arizona’s highest stress factors come from a lack of health care and long commutes. According to the survey 20.4 percent of people in Arizona don’t have health care and 57.7 percent have long commutes.
Movoto’s Chief Armchair Economist Chris Kolmar was surprised by Arizona’s placement on the list.
“Arizona … seems like a state that just minds its own business. I mean, sure, it’s like one million degrees all the time, the haboobs can kill you, and scorpions are waiting to end your life, but those weren’t the direct criteria we were measuring.”
The rest of the top 10 ranked as such: Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, California, Nevada, Illinois, New York, Maryland and North Carolina.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life