Unemployment, health care and housing, oh my! It looks like heat isn’t the only thing Arizonans need to chill out about these days.
According to the real estate website, Movoto, Arizona was ranked 10th-most stressed state.
Movoto took six factors into account when ranking each state: Percentage of population with a commute over 20 minutes, unemployment, hours worked, population density, percentage of income spent on housing and percentage of the population without insurance.
While Arizona ranked relatively low for population density and hours worked, they nearly topped the list in the remaining four categories.
Arizona’s highest stress factors come from a lack of health care and long commutes. According to the survey 20.4 percent of people in Arizona don’t have health care and 57.7 percent have long commutes.
Movoto’s Chief Armchair Economist Chris Kolmar was surprised by Arizona’s placement on the list.
“Arizona … seems like a state that just minds its own business. I mean, sure, it’s like one million degrees all the time, the haboobs can kill you, and scorpions are waiting to end your life, but those weren’t the direct criteria we were measuring.”
The rest of the top 10 ranked as such: Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, California, Nevada, Illinois, New York, Maryland and North Carolina.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food